Saturday, September 12, 2009

13 September 2009

It had been a long time since I last update my blog. Sorry for those who had been viewing my blog.

Still remember a few months ago, I went for my Cadet Inspector Basic Training Course (CIBTC). During the course, I learn and experience quite a few stuff, example are building up confidence and be prepare for any outcome. I’m unable to master everything within the course, but I understand much of them.

Week before the course start, we had our uniform collection. When I reached Home Team Academy (HTA), I assume it was just a uniform collection. But it ended up a as I’m in the course training. They brought up a few basic rules that cadet should follow but almost 50% of us fail. Not only that we also had to follow some new rules. Example like PICARD. Any way we received a lot of new stuff and also refresh our memory. (PICARD means Punctualities Initiative Commitment Attitude Responsibilities Discipline.)

During the three week course, we bond together as each individual squad at first but still train as one batch. We had to make use of our time wisely or we will not be able to complete our task. Every of us came out to be the group leader; this is to train our commanding skill. Almost every night and every morning, we had to spend time on our uniform to make sure it is tip-top condition.

We were taught with additional and latest version of the thing we learn in our secondary school. To me the harders part is the theory writing, because I weak in my English, lucky I make it. There is a lot of skill that I learn there, like making use of the man power and never be selfish or biased against anyone. We also need to perseveres and perform as perfect as we can.

Skill that we learn comes in handy in the outdoors. We also had our ATC camp in ubin, we use most of the skill there and we practise partnership, coordination, persevere and speed together at any part of the camp. Organising thing came one after another; cause us to think damn fast on every decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment